Thursday, January 16, 2014

36 wks 5 days

Today was a gorgeous sunny day.
It was also my birthday.
It was also the first day in ten weeks or so that I got to go out and sit in a cafe with my husband and eat a roasted veggie salad and drink a rosemary lemonade and have a salted caramel cupcake and I swear I had forgotten how genuinely marvelous these little things can be.

It was a revelation. The outside world, baby!

Bedrest is so over. This child can come anytime she wishes now. And until she does, I am going to eat at all the cafés. I am going to order all the fancy salads and cupcakes. I am going to sit in all the parks in the sunshine. I am going to take my dog on so many walks.

Happy birthday to me!


1 comment:

  1. I love this, love you. Here's hoping the baby comes healthy and soon! <3 So excited to see what you name it...

    ReplyDelete